What could be greater than to feel God’s love and influence in our lives? How sad, how wasted the life of the person who believes that this world and this life are all we have. What a waste to die without knowing God, or the power of God.
Bulton J. Sheen once said, “An atheist is a man who has no visible means of support.” We don’t want to stand alone at the last day. We need God’s support. How to we come to know God and know that he is? By performing the following steps you can obtain faith in God:
- First, you need a desire to know the truth. If you don’t want to know, or if you refuse to listen to it, it can never make you free.
- Next, you must pray with a real desire to know the truth. You can’t take the attitude of, Hey, okay, I’ll pray, but nothing is going to happen. I won’t receive any answers, I’m on my own here anyway. James 1:5 promises, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.” God promises to give you answers.
- Third, you have to be willing to listen to the answer, accept it as true and act on that answer.
- Finally, you need to study and learn more about God’s love for you by reading the scriptures. The scriptures contain information about the hope you may be lacking in your life. They are the key to happiness in your future.
Christian living involves families. Whether you have children of your own, grandchildren, nieces and nephews, or any other involvement with teaching youth, daily scripture study should be an important part of that training. Raising children is an important part of Christian life.
The influence of the adversary is greater today than ever. 1 Peter 5:8 says, “Be sober, be vigilant; because our adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.” What is the best way to keep the children from being devoured by the adversary? By teaching them to trust God, and to feel God’s love.
Unfortunately, it’s common these days to hear parents say, “I believe in God, but I don’t want to interfere with my children’s freedom to choose their own path.” Such an attitude is an affront to God. Training children to trust in God is a parent’s most basic responsibility.
What are the rewards of raising children into the service of the Lord? Your son or daughter is also a son or daughter of God. As precious as each of your children are to you, they are even more precious to their Father in Heaven. Don’t give up. You have the opportunity to raise righteous servants for the day when Satan will be bound a thousand years. By no other means can you have receive greater eternal joy than to dedicate your life to God and raise your children in his service. Stand faithfully with the grand master of the universe and never be ashamed of who or what you are. In that final day, only the wicked will need to avert their gaze from he who rules for all eternity.
To follow the Christian faith the devotee should be:
- a true friend to those who have none
- happily helping the poor and needy
- a teacher of truth
- full of love and fellowship toward those who have lost their faith
- willing to discuss differences without confrontation
Of course, this is not a complete list of ways to demonstrate faith in God. Most important is to do the Lord’s will and keep God’s love steadfastly anchored in your heart. When you know the true love of Christ, then you will truly love others and seek for their welfare before your own.
Robert Moment is a life coach, speaker and author of several life-changing books including, Christian Youth: Its Cool to Believe in God for Love, Acceptance, Friendship , Protection and Direction. Robert loves people and enjoys helping them. Robert specializes in maximizing human potential for happiness, purpose and success. Visit http://www.AChristianYouth.com and sign-up for the FREE 5 Day e-Course titled, Christian Youth: Be Inspired to Live for God.
God is Love: Learn to Experience His Presence in Your Life Daily